Poll: How do you model passenger train?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Passenger models are a big part of my Layout's operation
32.26%
10 32.26%
I run the occaisional Streamliner through town between freights
12.90%
4 12.90%
I collect Passenger trains, but do not typically run them.
3.23%
1 3.23%
I don't have the space for passenger trains, but I'd like to
16.13%
5 16.13%
I generally prefer freight over passenger trains
35.48%
11 35.48%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Modeling Passenger Trains, Yay or Nay?
jwb Wrote:Much of the material on the Herron Pennsy Racetrack DVD came from David J. Williams III, a very prolific railfan film guy who also collected the older footage. He was particularly interested in electrics and interurbans; Herron has a Pocahontas Glory DVD with his films of the Virginian electrification. I've found zilch on this otherwise! Green Frog has Williams DVDs on the Milwaukee electrification and the Chicago interurbans. Emery Gulash is the gold standard on passenger trains, though. Oddly, I've been able to find very little biographical information on either individual (if anyone knew these guys, or has biographical info, I'd really be interested to hear it).

Ah, I have Emery's Penn Central set, as well as the PRR disc that came with it. The first two parts of the first volume were a little hard to swallow (81 minutes each!), but they were still a great way for me to get a feel of the time period. He also took some time to film the MP54s and Silverliner IIs on the Pennsy.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread