"New modules"
Mileswestern Wrote:All of your nautical waterfront stuff looks fantastic!

However, that tunnel and retaining wall looks lackluster and not up the standards of the rest of your excellent work. Why not replace that awkward tunnel with a girder bridge for more road clearance and realism and then start the retaining wall on the other side? It would look better.

The "awkward tunnel", hides the "construction", supporting the sub road bed, that insures that the track remains level, that far into the module, and, just happens to be where there is a turnout, for the lead into the engine facility.
I played around with the idea of a deck girder bridge, but with five and a half feet of "bridge" already in place, I opted for the
" tunnel " instead. ( in spite of the fact that it was a real bear to construct, the road actually runs at an angle to the tracks in that spot. )
This older shot shows the track, and the " geological anomaly " of the water level to ground level change that occurs at the module boundary.

That area is......."difficult". You are right, though. That "tunnel" isn't as pleasing as I would have liked, but it will last until after Trainfest. Then ?, I'll have to give it a lot of thought, before making any serious changes. A bridge there would make the boathouse more visible from the "spectator" viewing angle, and, would increase the "bridged length" from 5' - 8", to 6' - 4". A deck girder bridge would also hide most of the sub roadbed construction, and still look like a bridge....... yes, a lot of thought..... Smile Wink Smile
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread