Track Rights on a shortline?
Ed... I didn't thank you earlier for your response. Thanks for the thoughts and the links.

jwb: Since I do have a yard in the linear middle of the layout, I can make use of your suggestions for running the class 1 train all the way to that yard. Another option for me as i expand my operating ideas.

Greg: My GERN facility is big enough to provide for a "unit" train of fifteen 100 ton covered hoppers, or 14 of the three bay 3650 LOs. I can even get twenty cars if I use my "middle" yard as storage for loaded hoppers. Thanks for the suggestions.

BR and Mark, appreciate those suggestions too. As I start having ops sessions, I'll need a variety of trains to keep things interesting for the folks who operate with me.

My layout is really just a 170 foot long ISL with Class 1 interchange at both ends. Some of my industries are large enough and generate enough traffic to justify seperate trains instead of just the local switch job doing the work. This allows me to create a variety of trains to pick from during any given op session.

Again, thanks to everyone who has responded! Thumbsup

Messages In This Thread