CTU spur Alaska
As my head is a little tender today and I seem to of slept a lot ?..I haven't done anything on the layout, so I thought I'd try and explain the industries and rail service on the layout

1. Frontier Papers Inc - 3 spots - This is the large warehouse which receives paper products in foregin railroad boxcars from the lower 48 once a week. Each loading door is numbered and cars needs to be spotted at as requested by the customer.

2. Alaska Feed and Seed - 2 spots - They take one car of feed at a time (though two will fit). Most of the cars are foreign, though both of the blue and yellow ARR covered hoppers (ARR 14101 & 14100) cycles back and forth from elevators in Washington or Oregon

3. Bobs Services Inc. - 1 spot - They do not ship or receive anything, but rather do contract railcar repair for the railroad.
Any type of car that needs repairing can been seen here.

4. The two track yard can take up to seven cars and is used to hold any off-spot cars

The industries are serviced as required by the Anchorage yard job. Power is usually a single MP15 or a GP38-2 but sometimes a GP40 can be used.
The loop,which is the otherside of the overpass is also the fiddle yard/staging area and this allows me to stage the train in the right order, with cars for Frontier Papers in front of the loco and any cars for Alaska Seed and Feed or Bobs Services attacted to the rear Inc before it arrives on the layout. Any off-spot cars are placed on the front of the train so they can be left in the yard.

Should any of the customers require their off-spot cars during the day, a call is placed to the yard at Anchorage and when available a light engine is dispatched to swap the cars around.

Sometimes (just for fun) a caboose is added to the train ...
Chris
England

Messages In This Thread