L&N Industrial Rail Spur
SSWUPinSA Wrote:looks like a load more planning getting done while I was away!!
That may be a lot of my current problem with actually doing something with the layout. Too much planning/re-planning and competition from getting out and photographing the prototype! In spite of it being winter here, we've been having some beautiful warm sunny weather. But I'm in a real slump here the past couple of weeks as far as the model railroading goes.
SSWUPinSA Wrote:Keep up all the posts though, you are a wealth of information that helped me get going when I least felt like it!
Really appreciate that Cal - try to help out when I can and always happy to provide prototype information to any one that is interested and will listen. Problem is, I need something or someone to get me motivated!

I haven't worked up the nerve to change things around as per the last plan I posted and am still looking at some other possible plans. Probably should just not post anything on here until I settle on something that I'm really happy with. I think that folks get bored with seeing constant track plan changes with no results. The current track plan works out just fine operationally, but feels like something is missing or needs to be adjusted.
Mike Kieran Wrote:Ed, what if you get rid of the Flexi - Flo Terminal and just lengthen the team track by 2 feet? I would then get rid of the turnout to Flexi - Flo and use that as a spur that could accommodate a wider structure.
Mike;
Not sure what you mean here. Are we talking about placing a large structure next to the switching lead in the location of what is shown as TransFlo and increasing the length of the crossdock on a longer team track? Having the 4th dedicated spur on the plan, adds more switching operations and provides destinations for all my car types, assuming I use the team track version of the plan.

What I currently show as TransFlo could just as easily be a small soft drink bottler with a part of the structure modeled between that spur and the front edge of the layout (I've got a good prototype close by to base that on and a structure on the front of the layout in this location is no problem at all). The crossdock structure - if used - would be a model of the prototype that it's based upon so increasing its length is not an option for me.

Maybe you could give me a better idea with a quick sketch of what you mean? Doesn't need to be to scale or fancy looking. In the mean time, I'm still thinking about variations to the track plan and that's dangerous! I might come up with a completely different plan!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread