Blackcloud's 2012 resolution challenge
Point taken Mike, it is mainly a matter of putting stuff on the track but I've bought myself a Kato ramp which makes the job a lot easier.

The extended layout will be known as Sand Creek and work has begun today. The original baseboard has been incorporated into the larger layout and the trackbed is completed. The track itself has been cut to fit but is not yet fastened down, awaiting construction of the point operating mechanism. The pictures below show how the layout is taking shape, plus some new shots of the original yard.

[Image: 9eb46580.jpg]
The staging area will hold a loco and up to three cars out of sight.

[Image: c2bb3ded.jpg]
Sand Creek depot will be where cars are spotted on the running line for unloading, but will also see a passenger train two or three times a week, mainly because I have a doodlebug that needs somewhere to run, I'll think up a reason why the branch still enjoys such a luxury later.

[Image: c9a317ef.jpg]
Sand Creek is also the junction for the kick back spur in front of the staging area.

[Image: 18c5b924.jpg]
The original yard area has a rail served industry, which is the line's main customer, and a team track.

[Image: c8cfbaec.jpg]
The flat roofed building next to the team track was built to replace the office in the disused freight house further up the yard, but is now used only by the train crews as a canteen and rest room.
[Image: 54fdfe0e.jpg]

That's all for now, time to take the dog for a walk (the pub's open).
Bob Hughes
Blackcloud's Blog

Messages In This Thread