L&N Industrial Rail Spur
Being dissatisfied with the last plan and after backing away from the layout for the past couple of weeks, but still constantly "thinking" about it, this is about all I've come up with that suits me at the moment:     Plan is pretty much the same as the previous ones in so far as the overall track layout and it includes the two main industries that I'd like to model. I have introduced some slight curvature throughout the switching lead to break up the straight look and give the plan a more rural feel.

Industries from right to left are:
Beverage Distributor: Box cars
Food Products Distributor: General Service tank cars, Reefers and Box cars.
Chocolates Plant: Covered hoppers, Airslide hoppers, HFCS tank cars.

Right now, I'm undecided as to what will be on the track opposite the chocolates plant (labeled Undetermined). It could be your usual team/trans-load track or it might be a small warehouse with only the loading dock modeled; an idea I've been tossing around. That track could also be lengthened to serve another industry on the right side of the road crossing if desired. Open to suggestions here.

I'll probably be laying out the track later today or this evening, so that I can start test operations. Maybe I can get past the constant planning and actually do something!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread