Sand Tower - a la Good, Good Whole Wheat Shreddies!
I like that you chose to modify, slightly, and in some ways "personalize" your model. It turned out quite well !
When you Dullcoat, a lot of your powder weathering will become less noticeable. Using weathering powders takes a bit of learning to be able to find that happy medium of just enough powder, to look good after the clear coat is applied.

I notice that you didn't model the louvered vent on the roof of the drying shed, or the coal bin ( fuel for the dryer ) Goldth
I didn't either Wink Thumbsup
When I built my version, it was meant to sit on a hill, with the tower separated from the bin and shed. That "hill" is history now, and the tower, shed, and bin, look like this.

Seeing yours, brings back good memories. Very nicely done!!!

" The sand, is transferred to the dry house for drying over a small coal fired burner. Coal is stored in a bin behind the dry house. The dried sand is screened of its impurities and then forced by compressed air through the two inch iron pipe to the storage hopper of the tower where it awaits dispensing through the long movable spout. "
I never thought about that, but.........where's the air compressor ?? Big Grin I guess I'll have to sit down one day, and build a "compressor shed". There isn't a whole lot of room inside the dry house.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread