A real bargain
Quote:Don, have you been in that store since he relocated? I'm wondering if he stocks more stuff now. Before I would go in there looking for basic items like paint, and he would be out of the colors that I needed (like BLACK).
--
Kevin
I was in the place once, it's not really convenient up there by the Deer Valley Airport. The place is in an industrial complex and you have to walk through the office area to get to the store, which used to be a warehouse. He did not have a whole lot when I went there and the place was dark and not very store-like. He was sharing it with some other model merchant, R/C I think. To me, it wasn't worth the drive from where I am.

Quote:I remember "An Affair With Trains " from when my wife and I would visit Scottsdale ....also Coronado Models , and ( I think ) Roys Trains .....there were 4 or 5 shops in the general area that I made a point of going to back in the mid to late '90's .

Terry
They moved about two years ago from down on Bethany Home Rd., to about five miles north at the airport. I'm assuming the rent was too high where they were. Roy's in Mesa is still a better place to shop, but I don't like the smell of the cat litter or like chasing a cat off the merchandise to look at, so I stay away from there as well. Besides, it's about 45 miles from where I live and don't ever go there unless I'm in the area. Roy's in Scottsdale is a lot smaller and is not always open from what I hear. I've never been to Coronado since I don't think they handle any N scale. That kind of leaves Hobby Bench with a few stores in the area, but the are mostly crafts and R/C with a small section for trains. I don't like to shop there because of their attitude, but if I need something in a hurry, I'll go to the one thats about 10 miles from my house.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread