My girlfriend's work thread
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Svein Wrote:As you can see, the water has crept up against the tape along the edge. Any ideas how to remove this?
Svein

The viscosity of the WS "water" increases its surface tension, and causes it to "creep".
The only thing I can think of to remove the "ridge" caused, would be to tape a straight edge at the height of the water
surface , and use it as a guide to remove the "ridge" with a sharp ( single edge razor blade? ) cutting tool......or, just leave it as is, you will see the cut edge, though it may not be as obnoxious as the ridge.

If I remember correctly in an RMC article they addressed this issue by placing some Vasoline at on the posts and edges where the water would creep. This caused the water medium (Envirotex if I recall) to go down the posts instead of creep up. Once cured you can wipe off the Vasoline and use a gloss medium to "paint" around the posts and edges to hide the effect. I'll double check the article for what exactly was done and post up. I've kept this little nugget of information in my back pocket as reminder because I'll be trying it myself when I'm ready to pour my water to avoid this very issue.

Of course this idea doesn't help after the fact. :oops:

Beautiful modelling by the way. The scene looks wonderful and has some nice details to it that tell a story. Thumbsup

Messages In This Thread