L&N Industrial Rail Spur
Brakie Wrote:Ed,My vote goes to Version 2...
Okie-Dokie - I agree. Does look a bit more like your "typical" modern industrial spur and allows for some potentially nice shoebox structures. It also helped when I did what I should have done in the first place - decide on what industries to include! 35 And I did a little test run on what was shown as Version 1 in the previous posting and wasn't too thrilled with it. So here's what I'm going with:     May have to make some very slight adjustments to the length of the three spurs by the shoebox structures, allowing for the number of possible car spots and maintaining my 8 foot switching lead/staging track, but otherwise this should work just fine as shown. With all the food related industries I guess a good name for this would be "The Food Spur".

Industries will be:
Soft Drink Bottler: Corn Syrup Tanks (2 spots with room for 1 off spot)
Food Products Warehouse: Box Cars - Reefers (4 spots)
Cooking Oils Distributor: General Service Tanks (2 spots with room for 1 off spot)
Bakery (or maybe a Candy Plant): Airslide Hoppers (2 spots with room for 1 off spot)
Transload Facility: Covered Hoppers (feed/fertilizer) - Bulkhead Flats (lumber/wallboard) - Box Cars (lumber/plywood/beer/miscellaneous) - Other odds and ends that might show up now and then such as a Chain Flat of machinery or whatever. (4 or 5 possible spots)

All the industries and structures are based on prototypes that I've found.

Time to make the changes to the track and build this thing! Once I get the track re-laid and some structure mockups, I'll post some photos or maybe start a new thread. Just hope that my efforts come remotely close to what some of the other folks on here have accomplished.

BTW Larry - looking forward to seeing the track plan you've worked out for Slate Creek. Feel free to "borrow" any ideas from my ramblings and numerous track plans.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread