Yard as a Layout
MasonJar Wrote:1) to swap the industry lead and the engine facilities for smoother/straighter track, and ease of access to the industry turnout, and

2) perhaps even put the industry buildings themselves between their track and the yard, so that the industries can be switched from the opposite side of the peninsula. That would require losing the backdrop, but I have always liked the free-mo style better anyway Wink

Hi Andrew --

Guess I didn't respond to this post. I can see making the peninsula wider and access it from both sides, if you have the space to walk around it - maybe making the peninsula from a double row of sections - say two 20-24" deep sections behind each other.

If you want to swap the turnout to the engine terminal and the turnout to the industry, you have to make the yard switching lead continue into another mainline section on the north end (or connect it back to the main). As drawn, there is just room for an engine and three cars between the end of the yard switching lead and the turnout to the industries.

Btw - the original poster seems to have decamped, either for good, or just for Easter (last logged in visit for jpage was April 1st). Hope we didn't scare him away by having a mildly spirited discussion. In the end, no matter what any of the rest of us think about a design or an idea, the only person it has to satisfy is the the person who wants to build the layout.

Grin,
Stein

Messages In This Thread