Yard as a Layout
My intended operations of the Woodsriver-based modules are based on the club's (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hotrak.ca">www.hotrak.ca</a><!-- w -->) practices. Short trains will be the norm. Operations at the club tend to have 5 - 10 car trains max as jobs so as not to tie up the main too long for passenger operations or those who run "thru freights".

All switching jobs are less then 10 cars (usually 5 - 7). Coincidentally this will allow easy reversal on the wye and backing to the arrival track. We already include two satellite "yards with industry" from time to time, where an entire cut of cars is left to be picked up and switched by a local engine (Castor River and NTC Yard which serves NTC Branch). So I anticipate that Woodsriver could work in a similar way. I still have to circulate the plan to the module design group at the club.

The bonus for me is that I am interested in modelling "between the wars", so shorter trains, mixed trains, doodlebugs, and other long-gone operations are perfectly fine by me Wink Big Grin

Andrew

Messages In This Thread