CPR Engine House
Seems to be a habit of mine to ressurect threads these days. Besides I don't like cluttering up the board with duplicate posts.

I'm making the rounds with this one... no pun intended of course.

I'm having a bit of a conundrum here and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for or need on my own.

The issue I'm having rest squarely with the floor on this one and as you can see by the picture posted I've started it over again because I was not happy with how the first one turned out. I also slightly increased some of dimensions which means doing some of wall pieces over again. When I measured it "to the inch" the first time, my loco's barely fit into the door openings and gave me concerns as to how much clearance would be left once the doors were installed. So I added about a scale 1 1/2' to each side of the door openings to allow for a bit more play. Over all I don't think this will really hurt the look in the end. So the back wall will have to be redone too because I increased the width of it relative to the front sections as you can see in the photo its now a few feet too short. Oh well.

Now, I've got a couple of ideas on how to accomplish the floor and achieve the finish I'm going after, but I could use some second opinions. I also need to build up the floor surface by about a 1/4 of an inch to closely match the height of the rail head inside each stall.

1) Use 320 Wet/Dry sandpaper glued to hardboard (masonite) and cut to the appropriate sizes and shapes to fill in the floor. The only concern I have with this is that the floor might look to uniform in appearance or not look right at all.

2) Use the masonite to build up the floor, but paint it a flat black and "dust it" with some Scenic Express cinders which I picked up at the LHS a while ago.

3) Use the masonite to build up the floor again, but perhaps use some fine sanded grout to dust up the surface.

[Image: SAM_0784.jpg]

Messages In This Thread