Bachmann's Geep
Brakie Wrote:Reinhard,She's beautiful. Thumbsup

Some fun facts.

The 9007 worked Corman's Western Ohio lines back in the mid 90s..At that time she was painted in the "Red/Silver/Black scheme.She is Ex-B&O 6533.
That old lady is still active http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPic...id=2590893 and got a new red dress too.
While not really correct for that particular engine do I look at Corman's operation south of Memphis, TN of the TN Terminal line serving a nice industry area made of shoe boxes close to a small airport. Two old Geep can be found via Google waiting for work.

I think the Corman GP9 without a chopped nose and the new simplified paint scheme are a great gift to us model railroaders with small layout and preference of modern times but still loving old geeps. It is hard to find other old geeps that can be modified so easy to fit a modern layout. The scattered short lines operated by Corman make it also easy to find a not prototypical but acceptable reason to have them on my layout.
The Bachmann geeps are a welcome base for that modification. Although the handrails could not be removed on my GP9s as it was easy possible on the GP7 (used for my SP models) is it possible to paint the walkway by hand with a brush. The new all red paint scheme without the wide silver band behind the handrails is welcome too! The smooth run with a quality DCC decoder is a real gem in that price category.
I am thinking about doing the 9002 and 9010 too. The 9010 runs long nose ahead, at least has the long nose the "F" on all photos I could find. The 9002 has two silver equipment boxes at the front handrail for radio control. That looks interesting too.

I love shortlines!
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread