How to Electrify a railroad
Sumpter250 Wrote:After twenty+ years of going to shows with modules, this much I have learned:
1. Where ever possible: Nothing fragile at or near the module ends. This is where all the "hands" install the fitters, and slide the rail joiners, and break the trees and anything else that arms, hands, shirt / coat sleeves com in contact with.
2. Always have spare "fragile details" ready to install, when the destruction happens.
3. Always expect "required repairs". Even the module interface, needs occasional attention as a result of "transport damage".
4. It is worth all the effort, to be able to play with your toys in public, on a much larger layout than most of us have room for at home. Big Grin

Actually, a modular set up is something i've been considering. I think I should make a mini-test set up to come up with good ways to join catenary wires.

I'm thinking either "tack soldering" the catenary together (between the Trolley Wire and Auxiliary), or bending the trolley wires into hooks that over lap on the ends, and have some sort of "pin" that holds it together.

The big problem though, is how do you keep tension on a modular set up, unless you have a continuous "loop" of catenary?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread