HO Long Island G53sd4-6-0 Backhead
Howdy, Why the Long Island G3sd? Well, keeping it brief, growing up in New Jersey in the 1960's, I'd spent some time on Long Island and the Long Island Railroad. Basically, I am a CNJ modeller, with an interest in RS1's and T38 camelbacks. I also like the Canadian National H6 class 4-6-0, being the first locomotive I’d ever had a cab ride in, then later learned to fire was the New Hope & Ivyland 1533 (see my other threads on here). I’d bought the Long Island G53sd a few years back. The first time I’d seen a G53sd photo, I became impressed with its compact design. The G53sd was best described to me as an unwanted love child between a Pennsy and a Lackawanna engine after a dirty weekend in Atlantic City. My layout, currently under design, is late 1960’s short-line in northern New Jersey, made up of abandon bits of the NYS&W, L&NE and the DL&W, operated by the CNJ using 2nd hand motive power. I am thinking of adding another smaller short-line to the layout, using the G53sd, as it’s sole locomotive. My next locomotive project after my CNR h6, will be rebuilding my Long Island loco to DCC/Sound and adding a backhead. Except for the new road name and number, the locomotive will keep its PRR/Long Island appearance. At the moment, I’m trying to find any cab/back head photos of the G53sd. Hope everyone is having fun – David Notarius, London UK – ex New Hope Pa. Cheers

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread