How to place a divider
Hi Everyone,
once again I have a question and I'm hoping the people here on Big Blue can help. Well, I've decided to scrap my idea of a 4'x16' steel mill (as I couldn't get it to fit into the rest of the layout as I had planed) Wallbang Anyway, I've re-designed my new layout with a steel mill facility sprauling 16' wide, but only 25" long. Here is the hickup I've ran into, and I'm hoping you guys can help out. O.K., my benchwork tables are now 30" long by 8' wide. I'm looking at placing a divider near the back of the tables so I can run a double main line behind the steel mill (I don't want to have my road trains interfere with the switching operations at the steel mill). I've set aside 5" along the back (4" for the tracks, and 1" for the divider itself). The problem is, what is the best way to attach a divider? I'm using 1/2" sheets of foam insulation on top of my plywood tables (I've found it's easier to use 1/2" sheets rather than 1" thick sheets for making pits, etc). I'd like to attach my divider pictures to 2 1/2" styrofoam sheets, (essentially making the divider 1 inch thick) and then sticking it to the table (however, I don't want the divider to fall over time Nope and potentially landing on my structures and rolling stock. I've tried looking for ideas in Model Railroader, but I've come up empty handed :? If anybody has any suggestions, I'm more than willing to listen. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated Worship

35 Maybe I should have listened to the wife and drawn templates to make sure everything would have fit right on the first layout, but I prefer to work without any plans Icon_lol

Messages In This Thread