More HO loco projects
Fnny how I got back into this part of the hobby and into this scale again.I currently have 6 HO loco projects I am messing with.My dash 9 has it's own theard so I will keep this one to my GP units The first one up is this KATO GP35.It will be de turboed and derated to 2,000 hp.The headlights will be moved to the nose and the 36" fan will elimanated.I have not decided if I am just going to remove the fan or remove the fan and move the forward 48" back.The railings are removed because some former owner decided to glue the shell into one piece,and I decided to remove the raiolings before I tried to seperate the body pieces.The operation was a sucess but there is a lot of work ahead and the railings are safer in the box.

[Image: gp38-3a.jpg]

Not much showing in this rear view except the absence of railings.Hopefully there will be operating ditchlights on both ends.

[Image: gp38-3b.jpg]

Second project is ECO-1 I have had this bluebox Athearn so long I'm not even sure what it is "but" I think it is a phase I GP50.Mods so far are angled radiator grilles and a GP 60 dynamic brake blister.At tghis point in time I have absolutely nothing but time in this project.

[Image: gp50eco1.jpg]

I don't have a clue as to what I can use for the fans but I want some large ones like the ones on the SD70Ace.

[Image: gp50eco2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"

Messages In This Thread