Reconditioning a Akane B&O EM-1....
As promissed, more progress!

First up:

[Image: BOEM-17600BoilerRedetail008.jpg]

I added "Over Fire Jets" these were added to the EM-1's in later years. And with the brass EM-1, I am modeling it in the last years of the steam era, so, it was well in need of these few small details. My model will be painted for the EM-1 #7600 (as you all should have guessed), so it was one of very few needed details as the factory model was made to look like the EM-1 as delivered from Baldwin.

I have yet to add the small pipping for these and will be adding them shortly.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600BoilerRedetail009.jpg]

Opposite side, showing the Over Fire Jets. Which as said above, needs the pipping added.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600BoilerRedetail010.jpg]

Overall shot of the boiler.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600BoilerRedetail011.jpg]

Better view of the boiler front.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600BoilerRedetail012.jpg]

Added Whistle valve, without the whistle, which will be added AFTER painting is done as I want to keep the whistle in shinny brass luster. I have yet to add the whistle pipping, which will be added shortly.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600BoilerRedetail013.jpg]

A head on shot of the boiler front, in better contrast from the first one I posted.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600CabInteriorDetail000.jpg]

Cab interior with a backhead. This was made to fit my original Yellowstone, that was made from a Rivarossi Big Boy, that was sold on ebay for parts, but all the items (sub-assemblies) were saved to install onto this brass model. I'll have to modifiy this assembly slightly to fit, but will look GREAT when done, PLUS I'll be adding red firebox glow to this just for added detail and realism. As the Butterfly doors do open and close! I will also be adding Enginner, head end Brakeman, and fireman to the cab as if you see, the cab has 3 windows! One for each of the engine crew!

Stay tuned, more to come!
~John AKA "Yellowstone" OR "EM-1"

Messages In This Thread