Reconditioning a Akane B&O EM-1....
Well, heres some more progress! Big Grin Nice to have alittle free time to work on things over the weekend!

Anyway, Here's what it looks like thus far.

First up:

[Image: BOEM-17600RearEngine003.jpg]

Rear engine set, notice a few details aren't present. I need to add the brakes to this unit as I did the front unit. Unfortunately, I didn't have a second set, to fit. (I thought I had 2 sets, (which I do) just one set is for 64 inch drivers, and the other set probably goes to 57 inch drivers as they're smaller and won't fit the space between the drivers, so that will have to wait till, I get an order in to Boswer for more of those Cal-Scale castings.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600RearEngine004.jpg]

Showing the trailing truck, all stripped of paint, and partially of the rear portion of the rear engine set. And also the motor mount, which I think I may change due to the type motor I'm going to use in this locomotive.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600RearEngine002.jpg]

This shows the drive coupling between both engine sets for power to the drivers. I had re-shimmed the worm gear to take any play out of the drive, but not create alot of friction in that area. Which would cause the drive not to spin freely.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600BothEngineSets000.jpg]

This is shows the 2 units back together and re-attached to each other as they're to be prior to re-assembly to the boiler.

Next:

[Image: BOEM-17600BothEngineSets001.jpg]

And a greater view of the 2 units back together.

ENJOY! More to come! Big Grin
~John AKA "Yellowstone" OR "EM-1"

Messages In This Thread