HO Scale Layout measurements
ratled Wrote:I'll be a little different and say maybe. It's difficult for us to use the picture in your head so how a rough sketch of the whole room, any obstacles - windows doors, columns etc and the foot print you are considering. Town and yard locations would be very helpful (track plan not necessary)

As for 30", how many operators are you planning to use? Two regular sized operators can get by each other once in a while but it will get old fast if it is constant thing. If you have 2 towns back to back being operated at the same time you will not be happy.

At 30" I would suggest keeping the isle obstruction to a minimum for a more than a couple operators - car card boxes, throttle holders cup holders etc.

ratled

Hi ratled, I was actually thinking about having up to 4 people at any given time. I will have 2 operators working the steel mill (1 on each side) and then having industry switching on both sides of the layout. I want to be able to have each operator work a minimum of 6 industries at any given time.

Messages In This Thread