Looks like google predicts the end of model trains
As long as there are model-makers, who enjoy building scale models.....there will be a need for a place to display those models. That can lead to the creation of ( for example ) a Seaport Village and museum, for the display of sailing vessel models, which leads to a reason for the village * people *, which leads to a means by which the people get to the seaport village and museum car, bus, ....*train? *, which then requires a railroad station, and a passenger train *service*, which opens the door for freight train *service*, which . . . . .
Then, all these ships, buildings,depots,trains, need a world to exist in * layout *!!!!!
- -And that world, needs some "natural setting" * trees, shrubs, ground, water, rocks, homes, power lines, and Icon_lol more!
Outside of military dioramas, and other small dioramas, only model railroading provides the environment for all these different models to co-exist peacefully, together.

UNLESS- - - - - Google intends to replace all other hobbies with ONE, *cyber hobby* Eek Eek

Wow !!! look at all that instant unemployment !! People with plenty of time, but, unfortunately no money to pay for internet service, so no additional devotees of that *One Cyber Hobby*- - - so the cycle has no choice but to begin again! Icon_twisted 357

Nope , model railroading ebbs and flows, but I really do not see it ever, ending. Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread