Just a Heads Up
Some things I don't do is to bank on-line or purchase large items over the Internet. Since we are retired, we don't have that many deposits over the year so a trip to the bank every few months isn't that much of a strain for us. I rarely buy anything off the net either, but when I do, I use a card that has a very low limit, just in case.

I get frequent "warnings" from banks and PayPal that my account is being frozen for suspicious activity and that I need to re-enter all my info to release it. Well, I don't have a PayPal account, nor do I have an account at most of the banks they're suppose to be from. If I do, they're just a phone call away, but never will any of them ask for information like that in an email that may start with, "Dear cardholder". I am also very suspicious of just about any credit card transaction since they all go over the Internet regardless of where it's being scanned, beside, can you really trust that waiter who might have a skimmer hidden in his jacket?

Just this morning I got an email addressed to, "Dear Beneficiary" telling me that there's some deposit that needs to be made and all they need is the following info:

Quote:.....Message From Citibank...............

1) Your full Name:__________
2) Your full Address:______________
3) Your Contact Telephone and Fax No:___________
3) Your Profession, Age and Marital Status:
4) Any valid form of your Identification/Driven Licence:__________
5) Bank Name:__________
6) Bank Address:___________
7) Account Name:___________
8) Account Number:___________
9) Swift code:__________
10) Routing Number:___________

Thanks
Ms.Lynda McCarthy
Foreign Operations
Citibank NY.

Now this is clearly a scam, but if they can get just one person in 10,000,000 to fall for it, they've had a good day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread