Building the Potomac Line
Crews have been steady at work at Metro Fuel. Here is the progress on the double track trestle. The single track trestle sits approximately in it's new location. You can see it's old location marked in purple. There was definitely not enough room before. Now I have moved things over and expanded the coal yard.

[Image: dsc_0110_zpscdb40be7.jpg]

The open bents were stick built with balsa and/or stripwood using my home made jig, the wall bents are flat balsa scribed to simulate board on board sheathing. the first bent and last bent are not built yet because they are not the same as the rest. The last one will have a bumping post built into it, whereas the first bent will be wider due to the curvature of the tracks.
[Image: DSC_0111-1_zps90f07960.jpg]

Here you can see the walls dividing the bins for different aggregates. The end bin has no center wall as it will be fore heating coal, the aggregate I expect to sell the largest quantity of, and so is a double wide bin accessed from either side of the trestle.
[Image: DSC_0114-1_zpsf4905c2a.jpg]

Here is an overview of where Metropolitan fuel is right now. You can see I write notes for myself everywhere. I have to write things down as I brainstorm, or else I will forget what I'm doing... Nope
[Image: DSC_0115-1_zpsaa7c3f95.jpg]

Dave
-Dave

Messages In This Thread