Building the Potomac Line
Thanks Ralph! Today I manufactured the 2 remaining bents, and got some rail laid.

Here is the end bent. The 2 wooden beams are leaning up approximately where they will be located. They will be the brace for the bumper beams, which are already in place. I am very pleased with the board on board look, I almost wish I had done that for the intermediate bents as well rather than scribing the boards like I did.

[Image: DSC_0106_zps15107417.jpg]

Close up of the double bin for heating coal. The rail is code 70 and code 83 from Micro Engineering.
[Image: DSC_0108_zps403dd6c5.jpg]

The other end of the trestle and my other board on board trestle bent. The open area beyond the last bin is the drive to get to the other side of this trestle, to get to the other trestle and to the woodpile.
[Image: DSC_0107_zps8f042a43.jpg]

An overview with 3 spotted hoppers. I did not use any exact measurement from any prototype, basically I just built what looked right to my eye. This is my very first model of this magnitude, and my first scratchbuild, having barely even assembled kits (other than freight cars) prior to now. I am very pleased with the way this is going.
[Image: DSC_0109-1_zps7ccebba1.jpg]
-Dave

Messages In This Thread