jwb, 2013 Duff Challenge
One of the early problems I wanted to solve was how to hang the handheld components of the NCE system. A defect of the ITTC DC system I'd been using was that there was no provision for hanging the handhelds anywhere, and for 25 years I would just put them on the layout when they weren't in use, which inevitably tore up scenery on one hand, and on the other, the tether cords would catch and pull the handheld to the floor, which was also bad -- though the handhelds do both still work, a tribute to how robust the system is.

I'm jealous that Reinhard was able to find some Bluepoint universal throttle pockets -- they're out of stock over here, so that option was out. Then I remembered a tip I'd read someplace that you could use Velcro strips to hold the handhelds to the layout fascia. This is what I've come up with:

Here is how the Velcro strips work:

I don't know how well the Velcro strips last, and I'll still keep looking for the universal throttle pockets, but at least I've solved this initial problem. I still don't like the cord that the Power Cab uses. The Power Pro is radio capable, and I'll use it with radio once I get the NCE base station.

Messages In This Thread