Building the Potomac Line
When I began construction I ordered a bunch of nut-bolt-washer castings to apply to all the areas that nbws would be appropriate. I decided I did not want to use them, that it was a lot of effort. At this point I think I will end up applying them to very visible areas, as they will likely add quite a bit of visual appeal. On the other trestle I will apply them as I build.

In this photo you can see in the backround an area with green foam, no track, and a bunch of locos and cars sitting there. This area was previously unplanned, I basically was just going to lay the main line through and put some houses, etc. I have since decided to expand Spring Hill Industrial park into this area. I am really enjoying this aspect of the layout and have decided to roll with it. Today I removed the green foam from the area and plan on extending the industry lead around the corner and placing several more industries there.

[Image: DSC_0058.jpg]

The main line will go through this area on an elevated span which will add visual appeal and make it challenging to lay track and switch cars into and out of industries. I will have to make sure to pay attention to spots and industries, as I don't want to make it too hard to reach in with a skewer and uncouple cars, or to align couplers to pick up cars.

More in a few days.

Dave
-Dave

Messages In This Thread