EZ's 2013 duff challenge part 2
OK, I'm ready to start building. I've had to make a number of changes based on my commitment that I would only use the material I already had on hand. I was going to use sliding plex doors, but with the piece of Plexiglas that I couldn't make the cabinet as tall as I wanted, so I opted to put framed doors on instead. That gained me about 4" in height. I was also limited in the width because of the material I have for the shelves. Finally, I didn't have two pair of matching hinges that I could use, so I will make the doors bi-fold and hing then at one end and the middle, that way I could use different sets of hinges. Wink No matter which way I turned, I seemed to be screwed by my own challenge of not buying any material or hardware to make this with. :o But then again, that's the added fun in this challenge. Thumbsup One other change, I've raised the back half of he shelves and increased the height between them so the cars in the back rows will show better.

Designing it probably took about as long as it will to build, but then again, it was half the fun. Big Grin Big Grin Here's my final design on paper:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread