Sumpter 250's duff challenge
I got a little more detail done on the tender, found some leftover diamond tread styrene sheet for the pilot deck, got the headlight mounted on the pilot deck between the two sandboxes, and mounted steps on top of the valve cylinders.

I found a set of blow-off valve castings. So now I will have to put the "slope" in the bottom of the firebox, to lower the front end, so there is a place for the Blow-off valves. Never thought I would see the day when my fingers were faster than my memory. Then again, it has been a while since my last steam loco build, and there are details that I haven't thought of since then. :o I'm sure there will be a few more before this is done. Wink 357
The original "hang-up" with this project was the "running gear". At this point, I should be able to get to that and get it done.
Still no gearboxes, but, once all the running gear is built and in place, I will have to work out any binds, or other problems before installing the gears, and drive shafts, shaft bearings, universal drive cups,and balls.............and then? Paint!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread