Tour Ship
Short liner & Ralph, I mostly model in S and O scale. Easier to find figures in O than in S.

I rounded up some card stock(a box from an old computer graphics card) and have started a mock-up to see what the overall model size looks like. Based the size by guessing that the tallest man in the picture is maybe about 6' tall then marked that on a paper and used that as a measuring stick and looks like the boat haul is 42 ish feet long(most likely not the best method). I have a letter that I will send to the Ames company to see if they have any pictures and or measurements of the Ruby Belle that they would be willing to share(could not find any e-mail addresses on their website)I did find a couple company newsletters one with a story/history of the Ruby Belle. Ames bought it from down in New Orleans and renamed it Ruby Belle after Ruby Belle Ames. The mock up so far in O scale is 10" long and 6" wide for the hull. Will maybe work on the rest of the mock up this week some time.

I will more than likely take some artistic license but the goal is to make it recognizable as the Ruby Belle.

Messages In This Thread