EZ's 2013 duff challenge part 2
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Rather then messing up the project I would violate the rule of only using what I had on hand and get some new plexiglass. BTW wouldn't soaking the plexiglass in hot water for an hour or two get the paper to turn loose?

I've seen several suggested methods for removing the paper off of old Plexiglas, but I thought I had found a good one until disaster struck. Eek Maybe if I just soaked it in Goo-Gone, it would have peeled off easy. One suggestion was to spray white vinegar over it and scrub the paper off. I'll try your suggestion of soaking it hot water on a sample piece I have and see what happens. Something needs to penetrate the slick under-surface. There is still hope for four new pieces though. And yes, even though it is not a challenger rule, but one that is self-imposed, I thought about putting it aside but I'd like to abide by it since I'm so close to keeping it. One thing I will do though, is to route out the slots that will hold the Plexiglas in place so that I can replace it without tearing apart the whole door, just in case I wind up using some of the scratched panels.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread