Small Highway/Switching Layout
So i pulled the on-ramp up off the layout one last time, this time to add some support to the inside of the structure before i add the pavement to the top. Im glad i did it, it made it a lot more rigid and really helped it stand up straight and look better. I have not decided what im going to do with the sides of the on-ramp, but im thinking of gluing plastic or card stock "concrete" to it, that should look pretty cool I will also add k-rail barriers along both sides of it all the way down the ramp.

Here is a couple pics

[Image: SL372493.jpg]

Look up the on-ramp

These next 3 shots show the first coat of the pavement on the ramp. This is just to show that the first coat of the Smooth-It does not have to be perfect at all, its a first rough coat. Once this dries, you can scrap off any raised parts, open the air gaps, and fill in any holes or dips with the second, third and or fourth coat if need be. I am working on getting all the pictures i need for the tutorial on the Smooth-It right now, so bare with me, i still need pictures of the 2nd coat or semi-smooth coat, 3rd coat or smooth coat, and or the 4th coat or touch-up coat. i should have this tutorial up in a few days, like i mentioned in my last post, my weekend is most likely going to be busy with the girlfriend hehe

[Image: SL372494.jpg]

[Image: SL372495.jpg]

[Image: SL372497.jpg]

[Image: SL372498.jpg]

The picture above shows the smooth coat that was applied to parts of the 1 section of pavement that was layed. This particular area of the first coat still needs 1 more touch up coat after this dries. the rest of section 1 is complete and just needs a coat of paint

[Image: SL372499.jpg]

Here you can see most of the first section is now complete minus painting
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread