Wolf River Spur
Ed - It's HO, and I have a jones for beat up small rail in the mud! Nice being retired. I can listen to the Morse code on 30 meters and converse with you. Completely agree with your philosophy regarding switching lead length. In my case I'm able to turn the door liability into a no-pressure part of the layout that functions. This room has a nine-foot ceiling, and I anticipate the "benchwork" (shelfwork?) will be around 58". That leaves exactly 50", so if I want to fabricate the stick on a hinge, I'll lose an inch or two. So if the layout is, say, 56", everything will fit. Pardon me for thinking out loud. 50" gives me a five-car train (50-foot cars) and a GP-type locomotive with a couple inches to spare. On the centerline drawing the switch points are 18" from the end, but making the track from scratch I'm sure I can get at least another inch. I have installed Sergent couplers on a few pieces of rolling stock and plan to use them generally. All it takes is a Nimrod car with Kadees on one end to satisfy the rest of the world!

I also admire Lance Mindheim's take on miniature reality, and especially the excellent Jack Hill blog.

Messages In This Thread