Desktop 3D printers
Hello all, all done with business for the day so now to take a bit of time and see what I can and can not do with the software I downloaded. I may have to save up to get the full version later on. The finances are going toward getting some new tires on the truck and paying bills Nope

I was thinking in limited terms as to what I can draw based on what I can print on my 3D printer then it hit me that I can draw any size I want if I use Shapeways services. Still researching what kinds of rolling stock could be printed in a kit type form as I think the fun of assembling kits has been lost due to the R-T-R (ready to run) nature of most trains anymore. So I am considering making parts for scratch builders and kits for those who like to assemble and paint up their models. Also was thinking of a specific market(S scale and S gauge) as there is a lot of room left for models of unique and also common rolling stock items that are not being produced at this time. On30, On3 and O standard may be possibilities as well.

Modelsof1900,

Do you print your own parts or use services like shapeways?

Messages In This Thread