Mixed feelings about my LHS
MountainMan Wrote:Two words.."Excuse me". If it's a personal call, the person will usually break off and help you. If it's business, and a lot of business is done by phone these days, they will generally tell you they are on line to a customer and they will be right with you.

Without knowing to whom someone is speaking, it's a little hard to decide you're being deliberately ignored, and even personal business can be urgent for all of us at times. If you're in a rush and it really can't wait, "Excuse me, but I'm pressed for time" usually tells the person on the phone that he/she should get to you quickly.

You're in a store, not the emergency room. Take a minute to relax and look around, and give the store personnel the same courtesy you expect from them.

Nope...sorry...I'm the customer and it is my money so I don't believe I will do the "excuse me" thing......however I will accept if the employee on the phone, when seeing me standing 2 feet from them looks up and at least says.." Sorry,I'll be with you in a moment sir, just let me finish with this gentleman on the phone"..that I will go along with.

My attitude is as follows...I'm in your store,and I may want what you are selling....but do make it as easy as possible for me to give you my money...in other words don't ignore me for the guy on the phone asking inane questions, don't make me wait in lines to pay for my purchase because you are too cheap to hire enough staff

Messages In This Thread