Looking for 17 Year Cicadas to pin, IA, IL, MO, MS and LA
Hi,

This is going to sound weird, but next late spring, early summer, you guys will have a round of the 17 year cicadas. I'm asking if people could scoop some up for me next spring/summer.

I do amateur entomology (insect study) on occasion, and I was really looking forward to preserving some 17 year cicadas.

The latest brood in New Jersey hatched this past spring/summer, but all of the ones I collected to Preserve have become destroyed. the next brood (brood 10) won't hatch until 2021, and this brood won't return until 2030 (I'll be 40 years old!). It has been very upsetting to me, since I went out of my way to pick good specimens and to grab as many as them as I could without looking insane.

Unfortunately, they all died out about a month ago. If I am lucky I might find some relatively intact in some of the wrecks around the shop that I work at, but it is doubtful that I will be able to find any at this point

In the meantime, if anyone happens to see any such cicadas for sale (doubtful, but worth a shot), please let me know. So far, I had no luck with Ebay.

If you live in the states listed, you will get them next year- Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Mississippi, or Louisiana. The farther south, the sooner you will see them.

They do not sting/bite, and hardly even attempt to escape.

Its a weird request, but thanks for reading.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread