Good News...And Bad News
Excellent ideas! The divided peninsula is a good one, either with a drop or an actual ridgeline that could host other activities. I also plan to show an active mining and refining operation elsewhere by installing an aerial tramway dropping down to deliver ore to the existing industry. I have the tramways drawn out and I'm working on powering it so that full hoppers come down and empties go back up.

Reworking doors and such unfortunately isn't feasible, as this place is a rental, and we need the closet as a closet. However, since the entry door swings in and to the right, it probably won't be much of a hindrance.

I'm personally leery of lift-outs and duck-unders because of a) my lack of advanced skills, and b) my age. I don't duck like I used to.

I agree that the window is going to have to be covered, but I will need to think about ventilation in the summer. If I leave the door open, for example, I encourage an entire herd of dogs, both large and small, to wander in a kibitz. I could always cover the window with a photo-mural of myself looking back out and holding a shotgun at port arms... 8-) Or maybe just a candid shot of our Rottweiler.

I just spoke to my wife, and she said the entire room is MINE!! (Of course, my elation is tempered by the fact that the room is full of stuff that will have to be stored somewhere... :? yard sale?) There will be a brief pause while I savor the moment, unlikely to be experienced again in my lifetime, before moving on.

Thanks all of you for your thoughts, ideas and inspirations.

Messages In This Thread