Oldies but Goodies
* Here is a Silvine 0-4-0t Teakettle Locomotive. The body and frame are made of Die-cast Metal. The motor is a vertical shaft type. I had this locomotive for 20 years or more. and have collected 5 more. Two I have repainted to CRR of NJ loco numbers 14 and 15 which are 14 the "Hornet" and 15 the "Wasp". Real locomotives of the Elizabeth and Sommerville. Latter to become the CRR of NJ. One refinished to the Reading RR. The other three are still original in the original boxes

Original Silvine box with loco photo.

A look at a rare 0-4-0t Teakettle with a saddle tank. B&O #62. Up to 1 year ago I didn't know this loco existed for no catalog record of it remains only marking on this locomotive to show its manufacture is the word Japan. The company who made locomotives of this type construction is New One Japan
Because the drive is exactly like the one used on the Silvine 0-4-0t Teakettle B&O #25 which is marked New One, Japan. And the drives are interchangeable so I say the manufacturer of this loco is the New One company.  This makes a second Teakettle made by them.

B&O #62

A look at another rarely seen 0-4-0t Teakettle, New haven #60 with a large Saddletank. It is also marked only Japan. It is made in a way of the Company New One of Tokyo Japan. It is identical in drive frame, pilot, motor, and gearing. This drive unit can exactly fit both the Silvine 0-4-0t teakettle B&O #25 body which is clearly marked New One Japan and this large Saddle tank locomotive, New Haven #60. This confirms the fact that this unmarked locomotive is the third Teakettle of New One Lineage.
*** New Haven #60

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

Messages In This Thread