The Nomad Valley under construction
Quote:Anything that is mounted on the surface of the layout will be visible; and any switch, no matter how small, will be out of scale and detract from the layout.

So I guess Caboose Industries Ground throws are out of the question? 24 Just messing with you, Russ. I agree as well. Still, it's about finding that balance between scale fidelity and function and cost IMO. I think tortoise machines and DCC control, etc. is pretty neat, but it more than doubles the cost per turnout.

Somebody needs to come out with an easy-to-install, universal, motorized under-table turnout control that routes power and won't break the bank. Sure, maybe you can build a home-brew version for cheaper, but consider R&D costs in time and frustration. I just refuse to buy Tortoise and similar machines simply due to cost. But after developing my own power-routing manual mechanism that ties in with my hand laid turnouts and installing a few, I'm almost willing to consider purchasing a machine alternative...when the cash becomes available sometime in 2011.

As for having me to talk to, gee Loren, you make it sound like the rest of these guyz are just chopped liver! All I do, honest, is just drop by occasionally, smile, point and grunt. Sometimes it's even coherent. I don't see why he even lets me in the door. And I do seem to bring Murphy with me, at least operating the switching layout. Icon_lol

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread