PC Photo
Ralph Wrote:Isn't that film something? Look how bad we are! Some of the scenes of wobbling freight cars are scary. Smile
Ralph

It sure is Ralph. Some of those scenes were set up by PC. They had to retake a couple of them because the cars were not derailing. I found this on a website and never knew this happened.

Penn Central management created a holding company, the Penn Central Company, and tried to diversify the troubled firm into real estate and other non-railroad ventures, but in a slow economy these businesses performed little better than the railroad assets. In addition, these new subsidiaries diverted management attention away from the problems in the core business. To make matters worse, management insisted on paying dividends to shareholders to create the illusion of success. The company had to borrow more and more to keep operating. The interest on the loans became an unbearable financial burden.

Now do you think if they wouldn't have done this that the Penn Central could have survived? I sure would have liked to see this railroad running up and down the mountain. But what can you do?

I just found this and thought it was interesting. Don't mean to damper anyone. BTW I will post the pictures I have of the PC that my dad took. I did post them on the other forum but I know you guys will enjoy seeing them again. LOL
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/

Messages In This Thread