GEC's Layout Progress
I've gotten a few projects done in the last few months.

NJ DOT ex-CNJ #112

This was the only former ACF 44 seat coach to get the BN Green and white treatment. There were many others in this scheme but they were of different car classes, which are not readily available. These cars were rebuilt by NJ DOT to increase their capacity to 108! These cars have been all over. They started as UP cars, then on to Great Northern, Burlington Northern, CNJ, NJ Transit, and currently it is preserved as the URHS "Jersey Central" coach.

I figured it would be nice to break up the monotony of the big sky blue on my Jersey Builder train! I just need to find what i did with the number decals.

[Image: P3031576.jpg]

NJ DOT ex PC #2167

About the same time I made progress on this former Louisville & Nashville coach, ex #3206. These were unusual in that ACF rarely made fluted side cars. NJ DOT bought them for Penn Central and increased the seats from 60 to 106 seats. I still need to extend and paint the roof since these laser horizons sides are a tad long. I am also working on approximating the underbody properly. These would be at home behind GG1s and E8s on clocker and New York & Long Branch trains.

[Image: 20171215_221710.jpg]

[Image: P3021532.jpg]

Conrail GP10 #7566

I got this engine fore my birthday, and its been a lot of fun so far. Its not quite perfect for a Conrail GP10 (minor detail differences), and the headlight is strangely controlled by the #3 function button. Still, it gets the looks "close enough" and I have a picture of it under wire in New jersey, so it works. #7566 started life as a New York Central GP9, first # 5911, then 7311, which it kept through Penn Central until it was rebuilt by Paducah.

The GP10 is kinda symbolic of Conrail as a whole at that time, taking something worn down and making it new and better, even if you had to cut out a chunk to do it! I just wish I had the sound option in this unit, but thats an upgrade for another day!

[Image: PB301411.jpg]

Reading RDC-1s

I've got a small fleet of the new Rapido RDC-1 cars, and I'm planning to get the Reading RDC-2 #9165, as well as an undecorated RDC-3 to make Reading 9166. These were snack bar coaches, and would complete my Reading Company Crusader and Wall Street trains. They didn't run on the NEC for a very long stretch, (only a few miles into Newark and then staged in Harrison yard), but they are a neat train and they fit some of my Reading Company Modules as well.

Unlike my MU commuter trains, I only need 5-6 cars to do both prototypes, so its not nearly as painful to have a few of these fancy ones! I love the lights, sounds and interiors. Rapido is making some pretty epic models.

[Image: P3021525.jpg]

[Image: P3021546.jpg]

Some More Random pictures

[Image: P3031578.jpg]

[Image: P3031582.jpg]

[Image: PB301408.jpg]

[Image: P3031587.jpg]

[Image: P3031595.jpg]

[Image: P3031611.jpg]

[Image: P3031599.jpg]

[Image: P3031619.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread