GEC's Layout Progress
Well, My J1 is performance is Stellar! It looks like even though its tough to run on my layout, it does brilliantly on My club's layout, and so it will be pulling a fast freight like one would expect to see it pulling. Its actually a 34 car train, the longest train on our layout pulled by a single locomotive. Everything else requires double heading.

I also Double Headed a pair of my Amtrak Phase III AEM7s, which perform amazingling together. By themselves, they can hardly handle more than 5 cars, but together, a 12-13 car train is within the realm of possiblity. Best of all, its fast, and i think the only train faster on the layout is the ICE train.

as always, everyone loves the trackmobile. I'm going to have to keep it up front and switch the yards there.

One day i'll get new pictures and video of my train on our club's layout.

Back on the Home front, i've found that my Silverliner II EMUs can fit on 18" radius curves going one way. Technically, its a little over 18 inches. I can creep them through the cross over onto the inner oval, and then onto the passing track. If they stay on the outer track, they can squeeze through the curves and stop at the other side of the station (i usually only use the side faceing the outer oval). This could add some interesting operations. Its definitely a good push-pull route, and only the EMUs would be able to do it.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread