Something is weird with my tracks...
If using sectional track, all you need are two 1/3 18"r curves on each end, and that will bring the tracks into alignment. Its ok to "fudge" the track a little bit, as long as it feels smooth to your finger and there are not big gaps. If you're talking a difference in lengths, thats weird. You can probably get the atlas small piece assortment, and it will probably have what you're looking for.

While i highly reccomend flex track simply because you can garuntee it will work (no railjoiners or gaps that cause trouble can form), its good to have a couple of the small track assortments since its often easier to plug in one of these small track sections than to try and cut a custome piece from flextrak if you're getting on the smaller end of things. I've tried cutting small flextrack sections, and its a pain when it comes to installing the track.

I use a dremel tool, but some lenghts are difficult to cut because of the nature of a dremel tool (it cuts at a 90 degree angle from the handle, putting the motor tool in the way). Having some rail nippers around is a great idea to make quick cuts, and then just use the dremel to smooth out the ends.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread