My observations
This will probably get locked and I will probably get banned but this is something that I feel needs being said.
Ever since I came to the gauge I never really felt welcome. This feeling became more evident when I was convinced to post progress pictures of my layout. Except for a few people,the response was luke warm. Why? Beats hell out of me.The only reasons I can come up with are these:
Some people don't really like small switching layouts. They consider them games or puzzles,neither of which fit my layout.
I don't have a large layout with large sweeping curves,mountains,towns,large motive power etc.
What I do have is what I wanted,had room for and could afford to build.
Also my layout follows no known prototype and neither do my buildings. They are of my own design.
There will be those that will say that I am either over reacting or crying about it. Well if that is how you feel then so be it.
I consider myself a good modeler and I am damn proud of my work and after thinking about for a long time I have come to the conclusion that I'm the only one that I have to please.
So don't worry,I won't be posting anymore.My pictures will be gone from the forum and as soon as an administrator removes my user name and password so will I.
Enjoy your layouts-I know I will.

Messages In This Thread