My observations
foulrift Wrote:Thanks guys I appreciate it.Now that I did the stupid thing and deleted my layout photos,I'll have to take some new ones.
I would like to add two things-
1. I read a post the other day and the person mentioned that he liked RR bridges. I took the book out of the library the other day- it is called The Beauty of Railroad Bridges-in North America-Then and Now -by Richard J. Cook. It contains pictures (B&W) of all kinds of RR bridges and many diagrams.
2.I will be 62 in June and I am taking early retirement.I already filed the paper work but need to go to Social Security office and fill out papers for a dependent child. I have a 14 year old son. Bob

Well, that's ok, it gives us all an opportunity to see some new, fresh photos of your operation, nothing wrong with that in my book.

With my limited time lately, this is my getaway (that and staring at my Denise Milani Screensaver and harassing my buddies over at UP via email). I thus only click "view new posts" button to go right to the latest posts. Rarely do I have the time to visit each individual section of the site. I apologize, but I have a lot of irons in the fire right now. So, I am VERY much a "picture" kind of guy. I like to look at photos. Especially given that my layout it crated up and no time to work on it right now, I guess you can say I model vicariously through some of you guys with layouts. I hope to change that here soon, but for the time being, I'm like that little fat kid with glasses in Kindergarten who likes to finger paint and eat the paste. Show me some pictures and I am happy.

So post those photos. Even if I only have a few seconds on a boring conference call to look around (in fact, I am on the phone right now) and don't have time to respond by type, do know that at least I am looking at them, so I am sure I am by far not alone. I would bet many others are looking too.

Glad you decided to stay on though, remember, there are dozens of model railroad forums on the evil internet, but only one is as friendly and cordial as this one. Cheers
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]

Messages In This Thread