I'm Still Wondering...
Just read over this thread...sorry for showing up late to the party! Misngth

Anyway, my own logging outfit, the "Big Tujunga Lumber Co." still has to get on the rails. I have a Bachmann 3 truck shay (unlettered, but destined to be a BTLC engine), a bobber caboose and IHC old time wood tank car as a water car lettered BTLC. And, finally after much searching, I found an MDC 'Twin Pack' of log cars. I kicked myself for not buying some when I had the chance all the way to Victoria, BC before finding these. They are still unassembled.

The BTLC was never meant to be a large outfit, at least not on the layout. It's always just been planned as a connection and branch to staging, never will full-blown sawmill, log camps, etc. So that may not qualify me as a logger, but eventually when I reach the point of developing that line...someday...I may be considerably more active in this vein. I live in the Pacific NW just a short trip away from the Mount Rainier Scenic and Chehalis-Centralia RR's, so it stands to reason that some of this logging stuff is going to rub off on me eventually. OH, and of course I've made a few pilgrimages to Cass and those memories are very rich years later.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread