I'm Still Wondering...
alpha_1 Wrote:So-o-o-ooooo, I'm wondering where all the miners are. Would it make sense to move the narrow gauge to it's own forum topic? There's a lot of interest in it. It might also make a difference to have a dedicated 'Logging and Mining' forum topic as well. Cheers!

In my experience, the majority of logging, and mining discussions ( forum, and magazine ) seem to have Narrow Gauge, as the "introducing" factor.
There are some magazines like Timber Times, and the "Logging and Mining" Annual, that speak to the industries themselves, with the railroads as an almost secondary aspect.
There is a possibility that with the apparent popularity of ISL's ( Industrial Switching Layouts ), that lumber, and mined resources( coal, silver, gold, iron, aluminum, etc. ) might see some growth, but I suspect that the mining industry doesn't provide that well known a subject for model building. There is a lot more models of lumbering equipment, probably because it is the more "visible" of the two industries.

A search of "Mining" found 179 matches, here in the forum, so it gets mentioned, but apparently, not heavily participated in. The best I can offer, is for someone to start a mining thread, perhaps asking for, or posting, ideas, pictures, information, and see what turns up.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread