Ocalicreek's Garage Layout Planning Thread
Just an update to let folks know where I'm at with the planning. I have been working my way, slowly but surely, through learning XtrkCad. I think it's time I took my planning skill to the next level, or at least added another tool to the planning toolkit.

The garage space is continuing to progress toward a functional room for model trains & family outdoor stuff. One factor in planning a garage layout is how many neighborhood kids are likely to wander in and look at the trains/workbench/etc. Dr. Wayne's suggestion of walling off a portion of the room would solve most of that issue.

Another planning issue is support and encouragement. I am glad to have a family that supports my hobby interests and is willing to make concessions of time and storage space in order for that to happen. I am also very grateful to this online community for the inspiration provided through your projects as well as the encouragement I have received for my own projects. With limited time and energy to devote to a long, multi-stage project such as a mid-sized train layout in a multipurpose room, staying energized and focused on a goal is very important.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread