Rollin' on the river...
Thanks so much for your kind words, Gus, but you're making me blush. :oops: Actually, there are, in my opinion, a disproportionate number of good-looking layouts on this forum, yours among them. I think that the friendly sharing of techniques, through both words and pictures, is a big factor, but I also think that the non-judgemental attitude of our Members allows a greater number of talented people to display their work without fear of destructive criticism. After all, none of us start out as highly skilled modellers, and many people with talent, even though pleased with their own efforts, are not confident enough to show their work to others lest they fall short of someone else's "standards". I think, though, that as long as we're willing to learn, we can all benefit from one another's experience and observations. Both you and Squidbait noticed the the mis-mated couplers and both of you were kind enough to mention it in a not-unkind manner, and I'm sure many others saw it and, for whatever reason, elected to not comment. That reminds me to be a little more diligent, but it's also a good reminder to anyone viewing the thread, both to watch their own coupler adjustments and also to remember that I'm just another guy showing my work, hoping that somebody enjoys it, mis-mated couplers notwithstanding. Wink 35 Misngth In other words, don't wait until your work is "perfect" before sharing it with the rest of us - if everyone did that, there'd be no pictures here at all. Goldth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread